Our Response to Covid-19
Dear valued patient of Andre & Judson Dental Corporation,
We hope this letter finds you and your family safe and in good health during this challenging time. While many aspects of our lives have changed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to keeping you safe and healthy when visiting our office. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, which you may have noticed during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to inform you about the infection control procedures we adhere to in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office strictly follows the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) so that we remain on the cutting edge of safety procedures and are always up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment, so we wanted to let you know ahead of time what to expect at your next visit.
We have implemented these changes to best protect our patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. Below is a summary of these changes:
- Please wear a mask when entering the dental office and keep it on until instructed that you can remove it.
We are also wanted to inform you of the additional safely measures our office is taking to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff.
- All dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants will be wearing N95 masks, surgical masks, plastic face shields, isolation gowns, head and shoe covers, and of course, gloves.
- Every patient will be asked to rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide for 1 minute prior to beginning treatment to vastly reduce the number of bacteria and viruses in the mouth.
- There will be HEPA filters in both reception areas, as well as advanced air purifiers in every treatment room continuously running to completely filter and purify the air multiple times each hour.
- In addition, all treatment rooms will be equipped with extra-oral dental aerosol suction units which will be utilized in all dental procedures that could potentially create an aerosol.
- Sneeze guards have been placed at both reception desks as an additional barrier of protection between patients and front office staff.
- All common spaces, including reception areas, outdoor seats, counters, door knobs, bathrooms etc. will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 925-462-1990.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Drs. Andre, Judson, and team